Thursday, July 22, 2010

Homemade Cleaning Items!

I am going to attempt to make a few of the everyday items I use around the house to save money. I figured if I can make these items...and they work...I can save our family a lot of money!
I try and save money just by shopping at cheaper places. I do my shopping at Aldi and Sam's Club and I cut coupons and get many items for free at the other stores. I have found great deals out there and I know where I can find the cheapest of the items I need.
Currently I buy my laundry detergent, dish soap and dishwater detergent at Sam's Club. It is the cheapest per oz there. Here are the prices...

Dreft - $23.93 for 110 loads ( .21 c per load)
Gain - $16.88 for 110 loads ( .15 c per load)
Cascade - $9.47 for 11.25 lbs (.84 c a pound)
Member Mark Dish Soap - $7.88 for 135 oz ( .06 c an oz)

That is a grand total of - $58.16

These last me a while but so will the handmade detergents. I can make these for pennies a load. And I only have to make them every 5-6 months.
I will post the receipe and pictures once I choose the ones I am going to make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment